Saturday, April 23, 2011

Low Carb Blondies

Yummy, gooey-goodness! I am in love with these, and am thinking I need to put them under lock and key.


I found this recipe on one of the low carb forums, and tweaked it just a bit, but it's my first recipe to make using the Poly-D. I have to say, I think I am going to like using it for cookies at least! :)








Low Carb Blondies
Ingredients:
1 1/3 cups Carbquik
1 cup polydextrose
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups granular Splenda or equivalent liquid
1 1/2 teaspoons blackstrap molasses
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs
2 ounces pecans, chopped, 1/2 cup 
1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips


Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a small bowl, blend the Carbquik and polydextrose; set aside. 
  3. In a medium bowl, beat the butter, sweetener, molasses and vanilla until creamy. Add the eggs and beat well. 
  4. Add the dry ingredients and blend on low speed just until blended. Stir in the pecans and chocolate chips. 
  5. Spread in a greased 9x13" pan and bake at 350 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown all over, checking after the minimum time. (mine took closer to 30 minutes) 
  6. Cool in the pan on a rack at least 30 minutes before cutting.  (Really, be patient and wait, they are too soft to get of the pan in one piece otherwise... trust me!)


Makes 18 servings
Can be frozen


Products used in this recipe: 
(use the netrition.com search box of the left to search for these products and purchase them!)
Nevada Manna Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
Polydextrose
Splenda, grandular
Carbquik

Linking up here:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummmm This looks good. I haven't had blondies in 6 months since I started low carb.Oh, Is this chewy or cakey? I'm a chewy n gooey cookie/brownie girl