Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Almond Thins

I was browsing the Low Carb Friends message boards looking for recipes and came across this one. This is one that I had to make because it sounded good... and besides I had just about 1 cup of almond flour left that needed to be used up! :) 


Almond Thins

1 cup almond flour
1 packet of Splenda
1 egg white
pinch of salt, garlic powder, & onion powder

Preheat oven 325. Mix ingredients well. Place mixture onto a well greased piece of tin foil. Spray a piece of wax paper with cooking spray and lay over top of mixture. Use a rolling pin to roll out to a cracker thickness. Gently remove wax paper. Sprinkle more salt on top if desired and press lightly into dough. Score with knife or pizza cutter into squares.  ( I cut 8 strips by 6 strips) Lay tin foil on rack in oven. Bake until golden brown about 10 minutes. Makes around 50 crackers.

There are about 10 net carbs for the whole batch. You can also vary the flavor-use ranch powder, ground bacon bits, season salt...



Overall, I liked them, but I think I need to add a bit more salt then I did. I put around 1/4 tsp... needs more then that. 


Products used:
Bob's Red Mill Almond Meal/Flour, 16-Ounce Packages (Pack of 4)
Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, 1.2-Pound Bag

No comments: