Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Carbquick and Carbalose Flour

We recently discovered Carbquick, which we purchased at CarbSmart.com. So far, I have made pancakes and cheese biscuits, but both were great (as far as low carb pancakes and biscuits are concerned)! I have high hopes in terms of making other meals with this product. I will let you know how it goes.


In learning about Carbquick, I discovered that Carbalose flour is the main ingredient and that it could be purchased online.So, I ordered some. I just got my order yesterday from netrition.com. I can't wait to try it out. It is supposed to be used like flour, but you have to possibly double the yeast in yeast breads and tweak the amount of water/liquids used in the recipe. This may take more getting used to, but I have found a good forum where people have described how they have been able to use it. I plan to use that as my reference. I will update the blog as I go along and experiment with these 2 products.

No comments: