Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pork Capri

What to do with Ricotta Cheese when you don't want to make lasagna? This is the question that I pondered as I searched the web. I finally stumbled upon a recipe for Chicken Capri from Fatsecret.com. I thought, hmmmm.... sounds good. But, you know me-- time to tweak it to fit my ingredients at hand. Armed with ricotta cheese, and pork chops I created my own version of this recipe:


Pork Capri


1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup ricotta, whole milk
  • 1/2 tsp Garli garni (could use garlic powder)
  • 1/2 tsp ground oregano
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp onion salt
  • 2 tbsps virgin olive oil
  • 4 pork chops (bone removed would be easiest.... but I was lazy)
  • 1 cup fire roasted tomatoes, canned

  • Directions
  1. In a blender or food processor, combine the ricotta with the oregano, onion salt, and pepper. Process to blend.
  2. Rub the pork with the Garli  Garni . Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook for 1-2 minutes per side.
  3. Place the pork chops, side by side, in a large baking dish and allow to cool. (I didn't really let them cool too long... we were hungry)
  4. Preheat the oven to 350° F .
  5. Spoon 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture and 1/4 cup tomatoes onto each pork chop. Top each pork chop with 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella.
  6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of a pork chop registers 160 °F° F (75° C) and the juices run clear.

This recipe serves 4, and has about 6 net carbs.
 This recipe is Induction friendly! 

We loved this recipe and will definitely make it again.

Products used:

No comments: